Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who is Hattie?

William Hardy founded Hattiesburg and named the city after his wife.

My husband and I moved our youngest daughter moved to Hattiesburg, Mississippi this weekend. She is officially independent, out of college, with her own appartment and a job. My nest is officially empty.

What does Hattiesburg have?

  • Lots of swan statues. I haven't figured out why yet.
  • The University of Southern Mississippi, where the de Grummond Children's Literature Collection is housed. Unfortuantely, there wasn't time to check it out this trip.
  • Some pretty cool antique stores. One right across from a redneck biker bar. The antique owner advised against trying it.
  • A restaurant that serves deep fried southern pecan pie for desert. Sounds dangerous, but we didn't try it.
  • My baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Happily moved in, thankful I wasn't named Hattie Hardy, and still trying to figure out about the overwhelming amounts of swan statues.

    ReplyDelete