Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Few Days in New Orleans

I flew into New Orleans on Friday. Spent a couple of days with my best friend and super proofreader, Sarah.












We had beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde, ate breakfast at a hole in the wall juice bar, wandered around a great used book store.

Then I spent three days at a Delaney sales conference. Publisher upon publisher talking about their new books for spring. It was a good week.

This is the Capstone presentation. Of course, the photo is lousy and you can't see his new books on the screen. Also heard from Heineman, Lerner, Rourke, Bearport, Bellwether, and others. Lots of wonderful new books in the educational market.

I'm spending the rest of the week with my daughter in Hattiesburg, MS. It's been a nice few days to recover and regroup after some long days of meetings. And it's given me some time to work on a rewrite of the current WIP. It's always easier once you actually start than it is when you're thinking about it!









No comments:

Post a Comment