Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Completion!





"Imitation is not just the sincerest form of flattery - it's the sincerest 
form of learning."— George Bernard Shaw

Welcome to Day 30 of FEET IN THE CREEK.

Well, it's been a month! I've had fun. I've learned, among other things, that I can write a lot more poems than I thought. And I've made some new friends, so April has been a good, full month. I leave you with one final creek poem. Then I'm going to put my feet in the creek and stay there for about a week!

Evening Nonet

Dusk.
The creek
clothes itself
with mystery.
Familiar shapes change
from sunlit certainty
to murky paths through darkness.
Unafraid, the creek surges on,
trusts it will find the way and the song.


Whether you find yourself on a path full of certainty or one with only the next step in view, may you move forward with a song and stop along the way to dangle your feet in the creek! Thanks so much for joining me on this poetry journey.


Week 1 Poets:
April 1: Ralph Fletcher
April 2: Douglas Florian
April 3: Progressive poem. Catch up here.
April 4: Michelle Heidenrich Barnes
April 5: Walt Whitman
April 6: Irene Latham
April 7: Carmen Bernos de Gasztold

Week 2 Poets:
April 8: Janet Wong
April 9: George Ella Lyon
April 10: Bobbi Katz
April 11: Nikki Giovanni
April 12: Margarita Engle
April 13: Mother Goose
April 14: William Carlos Williams

Week 3 Poets:
April 15: Myra Cohn Livingston
April 16: Mary Ann Doberman
April 17: Christina Rosetti
April 18: Rebecca Kai Doltish
April 19: Wallace Stevens
April 20: April Halprin Wayland
April 21: Robyn Hood Black

Week 4 Poets:
April 22: Lee Bennett Hopkins
April 23: Langston Hughes
April 24: Margaret Wise Brown
April 25: Allan Wolf
April 26: Renee Latulippe
April 27: Carl Sandburg
April 28: Joyce Sidman
April 29: J. Patrick Lewis

3 comments:

  1. You had me at "dusk" ! Love this so much. Happy to learn that the nonet can start with one syllable, or end with one syllable. I did not know that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "dusk" ! Love this so much. Happy to learn that the nonet can start with one syllable, or end with one syllable. I did not know that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Dori– you did it!!! Your writing, the creek, and the rest of us are all better for your efforts. It must feel good knowing you found your flow and more than a few songs along the way. Thank you for sharing your journey. xo

    ReplyDelete