Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January Didn't Count

Photo by Mike Wilson



I have decided January didn't count.

I was out of town the first ten days. I had guests at my house the last ten days. And every spare minute in between went to cleaning out my in-laws' house after their move to an assisted living facility.

So, Happy Unofficial New Year!

My first official act of 2017 is to share my one little word (OLW) for the year. While I spent a great deal of time thinking about it, there has been no time for writing a blog post to share it.

Connect...

Connecting...

Connection...


I loved connecting the dots on coloring pages as a kid. The photo above makes me wonder what is hidden among those dots.

I'm looking forward to making some new connections this year, for connecting well with the ones I love most dearly, connecting things together and finding the common thread that binds them. Who knows what else will connect in my heart and mind over the next 11 months. We'll see, and I'll keep you posted.

“There are all these people here I don't know by sight or by name. And we pass alongside each other and don't have any connection. And they don't know me and I don't know them. And now I'm leaving town and there are all these people I will never know.”

― Carson McCullers, The Member of the Wedding

Carson McCullers' one hundredth birthday is this month. McCullars is from my hometown, Columbus, Georgia, and there are lots of celebratory events happening around here. If you live nearby, you may be interested. The big shebang is February 19. Maybe I'll see you there.



1 comment:

  1. Connection! I love all the connections you've already made with the word... and I look forward to the ways WE will connect this year. Love you!

    ReplyDelete