Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful

I'm going to have a house full of people next week. I'm looking forward to sharing Thanksgiving with so many good friends and family. Things I'm thankful for:
  • My sweet husband who has loved me for 34 years.
  • My precious children scattered across the four corners of the U.S.
  • My five delightful grandchildren, and the one on the way.
  • Good friends, though I wish some of them were closer by.
  • A small house with a creek in the backyard.
  • A job I enjoy that lets me meet some really wonderful people.
  • Books, home, hot tea and scones.
  • Freedom, to be completely me, to live where I want and worship as I choose.
Some of my favorite Thanksgiving books:

This is the Feast by Diane Z. Shore
Diane's exquisite rhyme brings the story of Thanksgiving to life.






Squanto's
Journey by Joseph Bruchac
A lovely retelling from Squanto's perspective.







I Know an Old Lady Who Sw
allowed a Pie
by Alison Jackson

Pure fun!


Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment