Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Five to Catch Up

1. Deadlines are great for getting some serious writing done.

2. Family emergencies make writing almost impossible. Even with deadlines. My mom was in the hospital and is now at a nursing home rehab facility. She's doing better.

3. I love riding my bike on a warm fall afternoon. Realized I can actually ride it to the nursing home to see my mom. It's about six miles on the new rails to trails.

4. Went on a shopping spree with my totally helpful, classy, designer nephew, who then came home and rearranged all my closets. I'm hoping some of that style savvy rubbed off on me.

5. Had a wonderful weekend writer's retreat with four other FABULOUS writer friends--Ashley Parsons, Ashleigh Halley, Vicky Alvear Shecter, and Kara Bietz--where we got lots of words on paper, laughed till our bellies ached, and generally nurtured our writing souls.

2 comments:

  1. I like that image of you biking to visit your mom. Glad to hear she is doing better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Irene. Today I figured out the route for the few blocks where the trail ends. I needed to know where I was going before I went the whole way.

    ReplyDelete