Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Virginia Geographic Regions

I'm very pleased with the reception of my new books on Virginia. Word is that they are flying off the shelves. This is a very good thing in Virginia. A recent state history text book was pulled from the system after pages of mistakes were found. My publisher and I worked closely with a Virginia curriculum chief and history guru in the Danville area. His input was invaluable as he critiqued and fact checked each manuscript.

The Virginia, My State books have been endorsed by the educators in state. We are grateful for their enthusiasm and affirmation.

Jill Ward, editor and publisher at State Standards Publishing launched her company three years ago. Her vision is to provide standard aligned books for state studies at grade level. The Virginia Geographic Regions series measures a solid fourth grade level in accelerated reader, Lexile, and guided reading levels.

If you're a Virginia educator and have used the books, I would love to hear from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment