Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Mindful

Welcome. Today for Spiritual Journey Thursday we are sharing thoughts about Violet Nesdoly's One Little Word for 2016: Mindfulness. Be mindful today. Notice the things you don't have time to notice.



Mindful

My mind is too full 
to pay any mind
to the bird on the feeder.
Is it a sparrow or a finch?

My mind is too full 
to give any heed 
to the tapping on the roof.
Is it a squirrel or an acorn?

My mind is  too full
to notice the sharp smell
rising from the stove.
Oh, dear. Am I burning the bread?

My mind is too full. 
My mind is too
My mind is
My mind 

mindful





5 comments:

  1. Thank you for a beautifully convicting poem..."My mind is too full...
    to pay any mind...
    to give any heed...
    to notice..."

    Such a perfect read tonight; reminds me of today's Gospel about the self-absorbed rich man and the poor man Lazarus, lying hungry and sore-covered on his doorstep(Lk 16:19-31)

    God bless you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doraine, I love how you play with those words at the end of the poem, bringing you (and the reader) back to mindfulness... wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doraine, a lovely poem in which mindfulness can be looked at in a different way from a mind full to mindful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mindful poem Doraine! Such a good way of illustrating how easy it is for our minds to be too busy to appreciate life's free and natural treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting word play with "mind too full" and mindful!

    ReplyDelete